Jul 20, 2011

Spicy Cheesy Black Bean Dip

Unfortunately my camera battery was dead when I decided to prepare this dip, but I have to share the recipe because it was so good.

I sauteed chopped jalapenos, garlic, onion, and added salsa in a pan with olive oil. The amount of these ingredients necessary is dependent on how much you're making and how spicy you want to be, So do whatever looks right. After this, I added 2 cans of black beans, mostly drained, and leftover corn into the mix. Then I added salt, pepper, chili powder, and cilantro. Cover and continue on the next step.

In another pan, I've been brewing another part of this dip. I used one cube of chicken bouillon and 2/3 cup of water, and 1/3 cup of milk and a tablespoon of butter. I let the bouillon dissolve then added shredded cheddar cheese and stirred the mixture thoroughly before adding it to the beans.

Combine the pans and stir.

I put the mixture in a blender then topped it with cheddar cheese. I'm sure a food processor will work better, but this blender worked just fine, and it was delicious. It made a lot of dip too. So two cans might work well for a party, and one can of black beans may be all you need for your personal dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your feedback!