Jul 8, 2011

Spinach Mushroom Quiche

I had so many eggs that I wanted to make a quiche.
Granted, growing up I never liked quiche, and refused to eat it, but now that I cook for myself I seem to like every food imaginable!


Crust
1 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk



I don't have a rolling pin so I just smashed the crust into the pan with a glass. Pre baked it for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees.


Filling
Onions
Garlic
Spinach
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Cheese
5 eggs and a cup of milk






All the onions and cheese and spinach went into a pan to cook together.

The Broccoli I boiled for a few minutes and drained.

First layer is all the spinach, then a little bit of beaten egg and milk, then I put on the broccoli and the rest of the egg. Topped it all with lots and lots of cheese!
Back for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

It's a great way to use up leftovers! I had a bunch of egg whites from baking and a quiche was the perfect way to use them up. Spare vegetables, or meat, all taste good in a quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your feedback!