Jul 1, 2011

Baguette Crusted Tilapia with Broccoli and Alfredo Linguine

Wanted to use the rest of my sale baguette even though it was hard, so i used a cheese grater and made bread crumbs. I added salt, pepper, chopped onion(the seasoning), garlic powder, and a little of this parmesan-herb seasoning. You can add whatever seasonings you like and whatever fits best with the side dishes.

After grating the bread, I rinsed the individually packages tilapia filets then tossed them in the bread crumbs. I then wisked an egg, add a little water if you like, then dipped the filets in the egg and back in the bread crumbs. I fried three filets in a frying pan with a quarter inch of canola oil. Flip and serve.

For the sides, I cooked whole wheat linguine noodles and frozen broccoli. I usually add the broccoli to the noodles after they've cooked for a bit. It saves another pan from being dirtied and it's going to be eaten together anyways. I like to use Knorr packages of Alfredo, Garlic & Herb, or their Four Cheese sauce. They come in small packets in the isle with gravy. You add the butter and milk. This is a much healthier option because you can use reduced fat milk and little or no butter, and it's always delicious. Cook the sauce as directed and add it to the linguine and broccoli. Serve. Top with grated parmesan. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your feedback!